cooker trouble

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there, slight problem moved into a flat, the electric oven is old id say a good 10 years, was using it the other day. There seemed to be a slight lingering smell of burning, turns out the plug had completely melted. The oven has a normal 3 pin plug which was plugged into a normal extension, which was plugged into a normal power point, i dont know much about electrics, but is this safe? also, i removed the old melted plug, i dont know if the fuse had blown, but my guess is it hadnt as surely it would have cut in, i would greatly appreciate feedback.

Sponsored Links
I dont think cookers should be plugged in to ordinary sockets,they are usually connected to specially designed cooker outlet (heavy duty)usually on wall.

You'll have to remove the oven from the housing to get details off the rating plate. Then you need to determine whether a 13 amp supply is sufficient (it is for low rated ovens but not many) and that the cable used is capable of carrying the required current.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back