Cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with a cooker i am trying to repair. It only has one oven and 4 hobs. Its all electric. The problem is that the hobs are working perfectly fine but the oven wont work. The lady that owns it dropped a heavy roasting tray in the oven and since then it wont work.

I took a look at it and undone the whole oven and there are no obvious faults, the heating element is underneath the oven and is all ok. What i am wondering is the wire that runs through the heating element its self is not making a sound when i carry out a continuity test on it. I am not quite sure as if it should be continuous throughout or if it shouldn't.

If you would like some more details please ask me.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Make & model might help. If you can post any production numbers even better. It sounds like the element you checked may be open circuit. At a guess without knowing any model details you should get anywhere between 40 & 70 ohms.

Will confirm model number tomorrow i know its a new world cooker very small. I am getting 50 ohms through the heating element, so i guess that means a new element is needed.
Thanks for replying and i will get model number for you tomorrow.

No...if you get 50 ohms the element is probably ok.
Is there only one element on this thing?

Sponsored Links
Theres another element inside the oven on the roof thats used for the grill and that looks ok as well. All the cables look all ok and connected ok aswell.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back