Copper Pipe - for Cross Section.

K

kai

What is the cross section area of 15mm copper piping, i.e. the rising main from my water supply to my cold water tank?

I always wondered would it be be sufficient to comply with BS7671:2001 and its earthing requirements in a domestic home.

Sponsored Links
You CANNOT use a water pipe as a means of providing an earth to your installation.

it used to be allowed but the problem is that maintinace work can replace most of the water pipe with plasic liaving you with a very poor earth

plugwash said:
it used to be allowed

I shall stick my neck out here and say that this is indeed true, but last appeared in the 14th Edition, which by memory, was issued the year I was born.

I stand corrected if I am wrong.

Sponsored Links
I was asking that because I was thinking whether I could run the bathroom supplementary bonding to the rising main, (as it is already main bonded at the incoming position), instead of a 25 metres long run of 4mm cable all the way back to the main fuse box.

You don't need to do either - there is no requirement to connect the supplementary bonding back to the CU or the MET.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back