Curtain Rail Installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to install an Ikea curtain rail into my ceiling.

I have used a joist finder to find the beams, as I presume this is the best place to fix it to:

Curtains along this side
------------------
| | | | | |
| | | | | |
| | | | | |

Beams going away from the window "vertically".

1. What screws would I need to use to do this? Is the beams the best place? Do I new raw plugs?

2. Also, I need to cut the metal rail to make it fit, what type of saw? It's thin aliminium.

Sponsored Links
Woodscrews if screwing into timber and a hacksaw for the rail, go to the pound shop for the saw no need to splash out for this. Photos or/and a link to the rail may get you further assistance.

Woodscrews if screwing into timber and a hacksaw for the rail, go to the pound shop for the saw no need to splash out for this. Photos or/and a link to the rail may get you further assistance.
Thanks - any particular length of woodscrew?

Normally you would fit the rail to the wall above the window rather than the ceiling. Any reason you're opposed to that?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back