Cutting into wall to fit ceramic door number tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Someone posted something similar a few years ago with no response. I bought some ceramic house number tiles (very similar to image attached). I need to attach the tiles to the wall of my house. The wall has roughcasting (aka harling or pebbledash). Should I cut a rectangle out of the harling, chip it with a bolster and fill the gap with tile adhesive? Or something else? I don't really want to botch it straight on to the pebbled surface.

I have a small angle grinder, I will maybe need to get a notched trowel and some other bits? Which adhesives/renders will be best suited?

Suggestions please! (And gratefully received)

MT

Attachments

• proxy-image(16).jpg
    proxy-image(16).jpg
    54 KB · Views: 27
  • PXL_20240820_130510711.MP~2.jpg
    PXL_20240820_130510711.MP~2.jpg
    524.7 KB · Views: 23
  • PXL_20240820_130515957.MP~2.jpg
    PXL_20240820_130515957.MP~2.jpg
    555.5 KB · Views: 22
Sponsored Links
Glue to small timber plaque and glue to wall, allows for removal without breakage.

BluTack or similar is surprisingly good for fixing things to rough or smooth surfaces. Use a big blob at each corner and centre of the tile.
I've used it for fixing bell-pushes securely (but removably) to brick.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back