Cutting perspex

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Avril, found a fancy outdoor battery clock, dumped, and took rather a fancy to having it in the garden. It fired up straight away on a new battery, but kept stopping which I worked out, was due to poor alignment of the hands. I sorted that, and ready to seal it back up, I dropped the glass lens, and broke it. I found some suitable thin plexiglass in the workshop, but every attempt to cut it into a circle, caused it to shatter. I tried jigsaws, various blades, handsaws, hacksaws, even fret saws. Nothing worked, without shattering the plexiglass. I even tried researching how on the internet, all said just use a fine blade..

Then I got the bright idea, of roughing it out, with a thin cutting blade in the grinder, finishing off with tidying the edge on the bench grinder, which worked a treat ;)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back