Daewoo fridge freezer leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Our DAEWOO ERF-337MB Fridge Freezer is leaking a pool of water every day or few days. Collects on the floor right hand corner of the fridge. Obviously escaping through the freezer door.

It doesn't seem to affect the function of the fridge or the freezer but would like to fix it nethertheless

I have managed to unblock condensate drains on Fridges before, but in this case I can't find it! Well I don't think so.

There is nothing in the user manual.

The condensate tray at the back is bone dry, and what seems to be the outlet pipe had a bit of material clogged in it which I removed but not sure if that solved it.

I checked the seals and they all seem fine around the doors

I removed the panel covering the lightbulb, and as shown in image 2, there are two holes. The hole to the right goes straight down to the freezer below and exits through the hole top right in image 3.

The one on the left also seems to connect to the freezer as i see the water coming out underneath the radiator, as shown in image 4

So if those holes are indeed the drain, and it's blocked, I guess water could be backing up, and then going out through the freezer, otherwise I have no idea where the drain is.

I tried rodding the left hole, but it's a huge channel (the width of the opening), not a pipe, and didn't seem to have any effect

Any ideas?

Thanks

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 42
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 39
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back