dark early....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
its really bad wether outside now. lovely clear skies 10 mins ago, now all street lights and on and its really dark. apart from the bright flashes which are really close, yet sound as tho there miles away

Sponsored Links
same happened in sheffield about 90 mins ago, i think it followed me back to doncaster too :cry: not seen much rain or thunder though :p

:D Stopped raining 30mins ago here, started just before 3pm. Just dull and overcast now. Just the wrong side of the Pennines Andrew,

Sponsored Links
Spark123 said:
:D Stopped raining 30mins ago here, started just before 3pm. Just dull and overcast now. Just the wrong side of the Pennines Andrew,

hopefully itll stop soon.... so far im reduced to using 1 monitor because there is no power....

Shhhh..... or you'll get half a dozen windmills on your doorstep :(

Just starting to see flashes here in Nottingham now (hope it doesnt come too close, last time the lightening took out the arial booster in my loft) :cry:

Surefire said:
Just starting to see flashes here in Nottingham now (hope it doesnt come too close, last time the lightening took out the arial booster in my loft) :cry:

this time its had the lights flickering all the time... and the UPS was constantly changing between mains and battery.... and for some reason, it made 1 of the change over contactors change from UPS to direct form mains... even tho this contactor is controlled manually and not automatic.... still cant work out how it managed to do that...

I lit a barbie tonight, about 10 mins before it started pouring, phoned round and postponed til tomorrow, it had better be nice :evil:

quick update: went to the pub and it started pouring it down :evil: sat in the pub, it started lightening and lights were flickering around 8, but no thunder :confused:

i give it 6 hours before this thread gets locked ;) :LOL:

At about 7:00 we had brilliant clear weather. Then driven by strong winds, we suddenly got covered by dense clouds and the skys just dumped about half the north sea down on us. (strange since all of this activity seems to be coming at us from the general direction of Doncaster).

Had quite a few lightning strikes within 300 metres of us, with thunder that literally shook the house. House lights have been flashing all night. Sky box keeps loosing it's signal. It finally seems to have stopped raining, but I can still hear distant thunder.

Ooops, scrap that, it's p*ssing down again, and the sky box has just given up again. Sorry, the thunder and lightning are back again as well.

Todays Grimsby Telegraph had a two page spread of Colour Photos of last nights lighning storm.

If anyone is interested Here's a link to the online story Sorry it doesn't have the same images as the hard copy. They really are quite spectacular. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back