Window fabricators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks

Edit - answer below very helpful too so I'll restate my original question as was asking about fabricators Vs manufacturers of end products.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I remember a time when Rehau vetted a wanna be Rehau fabricator and Rehau chose whether they supplied the fabricator as opposed to the fabricator choosing Rehau but that was 30 years ago so don't know if that's still the case, I would guess not reading your comment.

Rehau is a good profile but it's not IMO a stand out one from all the others like it was 30 years ago, all profiles bar duraflex are pretty much on a par now but as we in the trade always say an poor window fitted well is better than a good window fitted poorly and you can stretch that to how it's fabricated too, yes it's conceivable that you can get a decent profile but then poorly fabricated into a frame

Unfortunately it's probably going to be the same for every pvc and aluminium extruder, they sell a quality product but rely on fabricators to make a decent frame to uphold the name of the extruder like I mentioned above about Rehau.

From memory didn't Veka do something similar with 'Veka Network' approved fabricators and installers?

All I can advise is get onto the fabricator and get them to come and look at the issues, if no joy then maybe speak to Rehau, they could possibly send a technical rep out to take a look, I know Eurocell are very open to that to protect their name

I remember a time when Rehau vetted a wanna be Rehau fabricator and Rehau chose whether they supplied the fabricator as opposed to the fabricator choosing Rehau but that was 30 years ago so don't know if that's still the case, I would guess not reading your comment.

Rehau is a good profile but it's not IMO a stand out one from all the others like it was 30 years ago, all profiles bar duraflex are pretty much on a par now but as we in the trade always say an poor window fitted well is better than a good window fitted poorly and you can stretch that to how it's fabricated too, yes it's conceivable that you can get a decent profile but then poorly fabricated into a frame

Unfortunately it's probably going to be the same for every pvc and aluminium extruder, they sell a quality product but rely on fabricators to make a decent frame to uphold the name of the extruder like I mentioned above about Rehau.

From memory didn't Veka do something similar with 'Veka Network' approved fabricators and installers?

All I can advise is get onto the fabricator and get them to come and look at the issues, if no joy then maybe speak to Rehau, they could possibly send a technical rep out to take a look, I know Eurocell are very open to that to protect their name

Thanks, great info

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back