Dilute concrete?

eqa

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am building a ahed base of sand topped with wood (not recommended I know). I have a few bags of concrete. Would mixing dry into the sand strengthen the structure at all over time?

Sponsored Links
I am building a ahed base of sand topped with wood (not recommended I know). I have a few bags of concrete. Would mixing dry into the sand strengthen the structure at all over time?
Not a clue what you are on about, sorry.

Put down a cast concrete slab or a individual slabs base.

I take it you mean bags of cement? I suppose it would help bond the sand together and stop it being moved by wind rain ants mice etc.
It would probably make it a less 'poor' job

I am building a shed base of sand topped with wood (not recommended I know). I have a few bags of concrete. Would mixing dry into the sand strengthen the structure at all over time?
How far have you got with it?

I would have thought a correct mix of sand and cement would be better - maybe lay bricks or blocks at suitable intervals to support the wooden base...

Sponsored Links
I am building an ahed base of sand topped with wood (not recommended I know). I have a few bags of concrete. Would mixing dry into the sand strengthen the structure at all over time?
It would make the sand set hard so it wouldn’t move about, so yes it would increase strength

Bear in mind if quite thin then if the ground moves it will crack.

In my opinion if you aren’t going to spend more money, then add the cement to the sand

Back