Dishwasher waste - what connector?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_0650.jpeg

Hi all. I'm looking for a bit of help with attaching my dishwasher waste pipe.

The photo you can see is underneath my sink. I'm looking to attach the dishwasher waste pipe to the fitting I have highlighted in red. It seems to be roughly 30mm. I purchased this one from Screwfix https://www.screwfix.com/p/floplast-hose-connector-40mm/48625 but at 40mmm it is too big, it seems like it would fit the u bend under my sink and not the little spare pipes I have highlighted in red.

The previous home owners just shoved the dishwasher waste pipe into the 30mm pipe, obviously not very secure and I'd like the proper fitting for when my new dishwasher arrives.

Can anyone help with how to best attach to my under sink drain?

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
The spigot ( hose connector)that you need to connect to the trap is supplied with the trap. Traps are made by a number of different manufacturers and their spigots are not interchangeable ,the one you linked to is for a floplast trap. I think yours is a McAlpine, is it ? Name should be on it.

Yes, thank you it's a McAlpine, I just checked.

Would be better just buying something like this

Or this

Which should I get?

Appreciate the help :)

Sponsored Links
Thank you, I will get one of those ordered. Greatly appreciated! Ty also terry :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back