Do I need an AAV here?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We have a small utility cupboard for a washing machine with a standard washing machine waste kit installed as shown. For complicated reasons we need to raise the floor as shown but this means we obviously need to raise the washing machine waste trap.

The shaded area is how the team of builders that built the bathroom section, which is an extension on a beam and block floor, left things. I am not precisely sure of the below ground arrangement but they did put in the soil stack as shown. There is a shower and w c not shown. The w. machine waste actually joins up with the shower waste before joining the soil pipe.

Then the plumber took over and installed the waste kit.

After researching this for issues of self siphoning etc before I raise the P trap it looks as though the installation is more of an S trap than a P trap due to the downward bend immediately after the P trap. In fact if I raise the P trap as I plan to, just by a few inches, there will be an additional step, I don't see any other way of doing it.

But in any case it seems to me there should be a local AAV just after the P trap. Is that correct? But I can't find any washing machine waste kits that incorporate one.

Attachments

• Waste stack image.jpg
    Waste stack image.jpg
    305.3 KB · Views: 21
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back