Do I need to pull the floor up?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently put a new bathroom in (DIY) and during the course of the work I contrived to drill through the copper cold water pipe. After cutting out the offending piece I put in a plastic Speedfit straight connector. However, I neglected to reinstate the earth link when I put the plastic connector on and I have since re-done the subfloor and tiled it so access to the join is a little difficult. :rolleyes:

What I need to know is do I definitely need to reinstate that link? After the plastic fitting there is a T join where it goes off to the bath/shower mixer (fed by combi-boiler so not electric) and then it runs to the kitchen where it ends. The kitchen pipes are bonded together just below the (currently metal, but soon to be ceramic) sink.

Obviously I would rather not have to get the floor up but it is playing on my mind. What do you think?

Any help much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
im no plumber or electrician

but surely if you have the hot and cold bonded together
upstairs and the same down stairs you have complete bonding
if you need it

big all

Thanks b-a.

It's a one-bed flat so the stairs are surplus to requirements but if the principle you outline applies, ie bond at the start of every pipe run and also bond at the end then if I ensure the kitchen sink and bathroom basin are hot & cold bonded then I should be ok, no? (The bath/shower mixer are hot & cold bonded after the 'indiscretion').

And is there a 'Dunderheads Guide to Earthing' available in all good book shops :?:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back