Do I need to seal plaster before painting with bathroom paint ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have some 1970s walls that I have stripped and sanded.
I am.planning to usedulux bathroom paint which I find usually doesn't soak in even when thinned with water

Should I seal the plaster first with something?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
"General preparation: Remove any loose or flaking paint. Where necessary, wash the surface to remove dirt, grease etc. Treat surfaces affected by mould growth with a suitable fungicidal wash. Sand down to remove any sheen.

Seal new, bare and porous surfaces with a thinned coat of Dulux Easycare Bathroom+ (10% clean water). Porous surfaces, including previously unpainted patterned textured ceiling coatings, new buildings that have a plasterboard finish and wallcoverings that are suitable for painting (not vinyl or washables) should be sealed with Dulux Plaster Sealer for best results.

Stir thoroughly with a palette knife or similar implement before use. For normal use thinning is not required. However, in hot weather and warm environments, up to 10% clean water may be added and stirred in to ease application."

Don't use glue.

As said, don't use PVA. Some painters do have success with this - but that's down to them. Don't try it.

"General preparation: Remove any loose or flaking paint. Where necessary, wash the surface to remove dirt, grease etc. Treat surfaces affected by mould growth with a suitable fungicidal wash. Sand down to remove any sheen.

Seal new, bare and porous surfaces with a thinned coat of Dulux Easycare Bathroom+ (10% clean water). Porous surfaces, including previously unpainted patterned textured ceiling coatings, new buildings that have a plasterboard finish and wallcoverings that are suitable for painting (not vinyl or washables) should be sealed with Dulux Plaster Sealer for best results.

Stir thoroughly with a palette knife or similar implement before use. For normal use thinning is not required. However, in hot weather and warm environments, up to 10% clean water may be added and stirred in to ease application."

Don't use glue.
Thanks John, is there any chance you could look at my other post please?
I'm.not having much luck with that.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back