Doncaster Cables

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a part roll of 6242Y here, advertised as 39m of 2.5.

Think I'm sending it back...

172200663859016518159246800378.jpg

Sponsored Links
How old it that roll though?
The rust on the inner shows that it's not new stock.

Sponsored Links
When I look at the cut in the cable, it looks to me like the inner insulation is red/black rather than brown/blue.

Which suggests to me that the reel has been sitting around for a long time.

Why buy a reel of 39 meters?

Unusual to say the least
If the price is right...

During very early covid I walked past a skip, looks like an electrician was taking advantage of free time for a clearout. I reduced the quantity in the skip by a dozen or so part reels, all rusty, all very tatty, some old colours, some had 10m, some had lots.

Including a drum of orange 2.5mm HO5 3C flex with one side cheek missing. I've used 65m so far for 16A extention leads, it looks like it may have been a whole drum.

If the price is right...

During very early covid I walked past a skip, looks like an electrician was taking advantage of free time for a clearout. I reduced the quantity in the skip by a dozen or so part reels, all rusty, all very tatty, some old colours, some had 10m, some had lots.

Including a drum of orange 2.5mm HO5 3C flex with one side cheek missing. I've used 65m so far for 16A extention leads, it looks like it may have been a whole drum.

I have never bought any cables for customer sites that haven’t come as new reels from recognised local sources

It was cheap and convenient.

Or it would have been, if it were 2.5!

Have messaged the seller, but no response so far....

It is for my own use and would be belled out before use.

It's Donny Cables. Bloody good brand and in excellent condition.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back