Don't look - Horror Story - Roughcast falling off around UPVC windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys. I'm struggling to find someone who can sort out a bunch of window reveals. Recently had a bodge job of an extension and the windows don't fit the openings properly. Pebbledash was put on around the windows when job was finished. A couple of years later the water has run down behind the render and its blown off above the sills (on multiple windows).

I don't mind having a go at resolving this myself but I'm not fully sure on best products or approach. I was thinking of building the render up to a wooden batten to form a reveal, then lining the return with UPVC. The reveal is about 5cm deep. Any advice much appreciated! Or if you are an experienced plasterer South Birmingham you could take a look at what needs doing. I want to get it sorted before winter as its getting damp inside.
IMG_3651.png
IMG_3650.png
IMG_3652.png
IMG_3648.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Put a plastic corner edging up and render the side. Will square it off.
Maybe look at... on the towel...on YouTube or other for information

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back