dont you just love english callcentres

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
had to phone norwich union again to cancel insurance for the 3rd time. and it was someone british i spoke to. at least he actually understood what i was sayin and cancelled it. he also said there was no records of any requests to cancel it!

Sponsored Links
Ah well, there's yer problem - you should have just phoned to cancel for the first time.

I rang National rail enquiries....four times this week, the first time all I got was someone who pronounced 'via' as 'buyer' and 'avoiding' as 'awoyding'....I gave up on that call....and tried two others both..ahem..shall we say 'non english' as soon as I heard 'heeeloo nassinel wail enkwyaress' I hung up...

I actually got through to a northern english guy tonight and after I sorted the tickets out I mentioned the difficulty in being understood/understanding.....the operator....he said it was their number one complaint.

But what will be done about it??.....

I really feel sorry for old people who have to ring these helplines..it must be really hard verk!

Did they give you the option of riding on the roof? :eek: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
AdamW said:
Did they give you the option of riding on the roof? :eek: :LOL:
Was fully booked. Only available option was in 'clinging to the side' class.

I am on to BT now @ 50p per minute, 3rd call 1st 2 spoke English..

Edit
So 11 minutes later I got to speak to a supervisor, that was all I wanted.

If i can, i use the internet rather than risking talking to someone who hasn't a clue what they are doing. Some websites are actually linked to the same servers that the operators use at the call centres, you just get a prettier version of what they see! Insurance is one that uses this system, i would have thought. You are just doing what the operator does at their end, its just more efficient.

crafty1289 said:
If i can, i use the internet rather than risking talking to someone who hasn't a clue what they are doing. Some websites are actually linked to the same servers that the operators use at the call centres, you just get a prettier version of what they see! Insurance is one that uses this system, i would have thought. You are just doing what the operator does at their end, its just more efficient.

norwich union actually has this so i can change insurance etc online. pity that it doesnt actually work

I'm sure a way to avoid the forign call centers would be look up an alternative 01xxx or 02xxx number on Say no to 0870. I can't be sure that this will work but my gut feeling is that you should not end up in Dehli!!!!!

no, i dont think this would work. despite calling an 01 number, the company may have a service on that number that routes the calls to a call centre in another country. Less likely to do this on an 01, but certainly not failsafe.

Sponsored Links
Back