Double glazed unit for a bathroom window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I hope you are well.
I have a question re my bathroom window.
I know people use patterned or tinted glass for bathroom windows but in my case my neighbours windows are like 68 meters away.
Would it be a sin if I use a clear glass so I can see my garden from the bathroom?

If I was worried that someone will see my nipples I think I could put some blinds instead

Sponsored Links
Not a pro, but I don’t think there are regs that force frosted glass?
Sometimes Building Control/planning would insist on it if windows are close to each other.

Not a pro, but I don’t think there are regs that force frosted glass?
Sometimes Building Control/planning would insist on it if windows are close to each other.
Right. Do you mean the 68m distance? Mine is a semi-detached house but I don't think my next door neighbour can see anything as there is a 5m tall hedge at the boundary. The neighbours opposite, across the gardens (65m away) would need binoculars to spot anything.

my thoughts
iff you are 100% happy with peoples accidental or deliberate watching what they see iff looking naturally in your direction then go for it
if the thought makes you uncomfortable then take action like part window shielding or indeed blinds the choice is yours
but please be aware in the bright light off day what people see looking in your direction may be very blurred and out off focus but after dark when the light is behind or around you you may be far more visible than you think
in other words at night screens up for privacy ----during the day stand back from the window in the shadows the least possible exposure

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back