Double Light Switch Problems!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Gang, Just found this forum and was looking for a wee bit of help regarding fitting a double light switch. I know it has been discussed lot, have read them all and I kinda think I get it but Im just wanting to be double sure. Could any of you kind people tell me the way to wire this exact socket.

I am thinking if you look at the pic with the old socket at the top then from the left it would be. Yellow to L1 Red to Com. The Red to Com Yellow to L2 and the blue(which is throwing me off) to L1?

Any help would be appreciated. Sorry if it been asked to death now.

Cheers,

Will

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    336.3 KB · Views: 45
Sponsored Links
2 wire switch correct can be either way or you may need switch L1 to L2 if they don't rock how you want them to. Other one Yellow to common Blue to L1 Red to L2

Thank you!, appreciated.

Just so I understand. In the first pic from left to right(if the photo is upright with old socket with wires in at the top).

Yellow 1 over to new switch L1
Red in L over to Com below it.

And other side

Red over to Com at top.
Blue over to L1 at the bottom
Yellow over to L2 at the bottom

And off course Earth into the Earth.

Sorry for being a Moron.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back