Double storey extension on dormer house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Looking for some advice... So I have a dormer style house (common in suburban areas in the UK) and due to lack of space to the side of the property unable to do a double storey extension as a couple of the neighbours have done

So the front bedrooms are a large decent sized room and one which is more of a closet than bedroom and I am curious to if it's possible to do a double storey extension on the front of this type of property.

For instance could you put a double on the front increasing front room size, both bedrooms and incorporating current porch within the house.

Can't seem to see any examples online so I can only guess it's to expensive to consider or requires major reconstruction of the roof.

Example of the type of house below.
1000024185.png

Sponsored Links
I am curious to if it's possible to do a double storey extension on the front of this type of property.

For instance could you put a double on the front increasing front room size, both bedrooms and incorporating current porch within the house.

Can't seem to see any examples online so I can only guess it's to expensive to consider or requires major reconstruction of the roof.
I doubt local planners are mad enough to grant permission for a two storey extension on the front of any of that type of property.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back