Drayton mid position actuator - valve pin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I had a problem with the heating coming on when only the hot water was set at the heating controller. I thought that the Drayton MA1 actuator must be faulty as it’s well over 10 years old so ordered and fitted a new one. Turns out that though that the issue was the valve pin not the actuator. It was jammed and only turning 1/4 turn if that. After spraying with a little PlusGas and jiggling with a spanner there was a little pop and the pin turned freely. My question is that the valve pin now rotates a full turn and more in both directions. Is this normal? I’m wondering whether the pin should sit horizontal and only turn 1/4 turn in each direction. If so then I guess I need to call a professional to replace the valve. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
If you are referring to the spindle within the brass valve body,that should only move a bit less than a quarter turn ,it shouldn't do a full rotation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back