Drayton wiser wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, sorry for another Wiser thread but I can’t find an answer on any of the others.

I’ve bought a Drayton Wiser WV714R9K0902 and am struggling to install it.

The existing thermostat was a Honeywell with wiring shown on the attached picture.

Most of the other examples I’ve seen have a black and grey wire but I just have L N & E and then another L cable connecting to 1.

Struggling to translate this to the new backplate. Boiler is a Worcester 29CDI.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_9870.jpeg
    IMG_9870.jpeg
    206.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_9869.jpeg
    IMG_9869.jpeg
    295 KB · Views: 54
Sponsored Links
I’ve bought a Drayton Wiser WV714R9K0902 and am struggling to install it.
You have a single channel Wiser, the connections are...
Screenshot_20240724-201223_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

but I just have L N & E
You don't have an earth wire, the green/yellow wire is a switched live, returning to the boiler.
This doesn't conform to current regulations and (at the very least) should be oversleeved in brown, to denote it as a switched live.

That said, the wiring is basically the same as your old thermostat:
Connect the Brown to L on the Wiser
Blue to N
Green/Yellow to terminal 3
And reuse the Brown link wire to go between L and terminal 1 on the Wiser.

There is also far too much copper showing on your existing wiring, try and push the wires further into the terminals of the Wiser.

This doesn't conform to current regulations
It has not complied, at least from 1966.
A circuit protective conductor shall be run to and terminated at each point in wiring and at each accessory except a lampholder having no exposed-conductive-parts and suspended from such a point.
since new colours that has never complied, even when installed.

But as to what to do about it, not so easy, I think brown tape would help, but it would need adding both ends of the cable.

I would be looking to if the base can be mounted close to where the cable comes from, and new cable used.

Sponsored Links
Thank you both, now sorted and working properly.

The green/yellow sleeved wire only ran into the FCU next to it where it was connected to a grey wire, I’ve swapped it out for a brown wire now.

Thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back