Dripping tap with a twist, suggestions please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, simple dripping kitchen mixer tap with a complication, suggestions sought please!

By pushing the hot tap lever (on the left as usual) it stops the drip temporarily so I'm assuming it is the left hand side that needs a new washer. Below the sink are 2 feeds as expected. The right hand feed (cold tap) can't be turned off because the valve is physically broken, the metal chipped off so a screwdriver can't engage. Tried other ways, it won't budge.

So my question is, is this actually a problem? If I only need to replace the hot tap washer, can I just turn off the hot tap at the valve, or do both the hot and cold tap feeds need to be isolated before I remove the hot tap lever?

Thank you all!

20241006_074227.jpg

20241006_074259.jpg

Sponsored Links
It won’t be a washer it’s a new cartridge that comes in various sizes, turn cold main off turn on taps till it stops then remove the cartridge and take it to a plumbing merchant’s who will give you the correct cartridge,they come as a pair.

They are separately isolated and diagnosing and replacing the hot side valve can be done as you suggest. If you are up to it is worth swapping the cold iso valve for that inevitable moment in the future, you willalsotn3n find out if youre stop tap works

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back