Driveway pavement join

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Doing my driveway, 5+m wide, and the pavement is kind of dished/undulated along the boundary line where it’ll meet a couple of courses of my new pavers before it transitions to gravel.
Am I better laying the pavers to follow the dished gradient of the pavement, or pulling a tight string line and doing them level? That’d then cause a bit of a step up on the middle section, which I guess I could do a sharp sand cement fillet on.

Probably not explained very well, can you picture what I mean? Thx

Sponsored Links
Doing my driveway, 5+m wide, and the pavement is kind of dished/undulated along the boundary line where it’ll meet a couple of courses of my new pavers before it transitions to gravel.
Am I better laying the pavers to follow the dished gradient of the pavement, or pulling a tight string line and doing them level? That’d then cause a bit of a step up on the middle section, which I guess I could do a sharp sand cement fillet on.

Probably not explained very well, can you picture what I mean? Thx
Keep your paving line straight or straight-ish. It's ok to deviate from a dead straight line, but more severe dips - avoid!

Cheers, I’ll pull a string across and see how far out it’ll be. I can do a bit of a conc. fillet ramp to soften it at the deeper bit

I did mine nice and straight, with a weak cement fillet to the crappy footpath in the hope that the council would redo it - that was 10 years ago and still waiting!

Sponsored Links

Lay it straight. In time, the pavement in time will be replaced, and level to match it, though may take some time.

Just to hijack my own thread, am I right in thinking I should probably put those concrete 6” edgings buried level with top of pavers and pavement, between the two? Guess it gives my pavers a bit of protection when they maintain the pavement? I’ve seen it done with and without but I am guessing with, is the better job ….

Ie these:
1726421249328.png

Just to hijack my own thread, am I right in thinking I should probably put those concrete 6” edgings buried level with top of pavers and pavement, between the two? Guess it gives my pavers a bit of protection when they maintain the pavement? I’ve seen it done with and without but I am guessing with, is the better job ….

Ie these:View attachment 355605
Yes. Always have a demarcation edging. You will see them installed on sites (between domestic and Highways), for a reason.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back