Dryer duct - would it also fit an extract fan?

Sponsored Links
A rigid pipe is always better than convoluted hose.

Do you mean you already have a duct through the wall?

Sponsored Links
1726144324946.png

I didn't see that, here. The site has worked just fine, throughout. I wonder if they present a different site to those in Wales, from those in England, and it is the Welsh version which is down?

Not ordered yet, but found the same bits needed, even cheaper on the same site...

Manrose 100mm Round Pipe 0.35m (15872) £1.65 incl

Manrose Flap Vent White 100mm x 100mm (18561) £2.99 incl
Oh yes if that's all you require.

I required a 1500mm hose and 2 connectors in a bit of a hurry, ie not posted. IIRC I paid a bit over £10 which included a 3m hose.
Ironically the flange and possibly the square plate included in that kit would have probably been an easier solution.

SF site has been available throughout the day AFAIC and my grandson finished a shift there at 20.15 and reports no problems.

The rigid round pipe is better, and you should be able to tilt it so any rain or condensation runs outside.

Before permanently fixing if, check that the connector or spigot on your fan fits. I have recently had cases where it would not go in the duct and I had to shorten and saw it.

The cowl vent is quieter and more durable than the flap type, and more weather resistant. I use brown because it suits my brick colour and does not look dirty.

Oh yes if that's all you require.

Yes, that is all I needed. Ordered, sms to say ready to collect 10 minutes later, then collected 30 minutes after that. I had looked on ebay, and they had some really silly prices.

I'm, at last, getting around to finishing the installation of the bathroom fan, which I began installing some 15 years ago. When I originally fitted it, I simply used an existing boxed out - through the cavity vent. The outside, was one of those double height brick vents. I simply opened up the hole sizes a little, and fitted a rain deflecting panel, stuck over the top. It sort of worked, but causes a lot of back pressure to the fan, which could be much more effective, with a proper vent on it's outlet.

Plan for this weekend, when Avril is able to assist, is to demount the fan, remove the timber boxing through the cavity, offer the pipe in, the break-out the brick grill to let the pipe poke through, then reassemble, with the new terminal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back