Dulux Heritage Eggshell foaming/cratering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
I am having foaming/cratering issues with dulux heritage eggshell and would welcome any thoughts/insights. I have tried using hamilton Prestige, pro Dec and dulux branded rollers with mixed results. could it be something as trivial as the paint tray liner choice?

Sponsored Links
Hi.
What are you painting over? What preparation did you do.
Bit more information may help you get an answer

Hi. I am painting a pine sideboard. It has been rubbed down and zinsser bin applied.

Dulux trade quick dry undercoat is recommended over the BIN.
Follow the spec. See if that sorts the problem

Sponsored Links
Thanks. issue is mainly occurring when applying a second coat of the eggshell (says it is self undercoating). Suspect that painting in the warm weather may not have been great idea as paint may have dried before paint has settled. Sound plausible?

I was never happy painting when temperature was over 25c, although the cut off is 30c. If it's an acrylic not an alkid ( I think it is) you can add extender in warm weather or a splash of water. Maybe if you're looking at a top quality finish and interested maybe look at getting a hvlp

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back