Dulux heritage eggshell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone give me an honest opinion on the aforementioned paint in the title of this thread. I'm old school and like the way solvent based paints flow out, but I've listened to you tube videos singing the praises of the heritage range. Unfortunately I don't know if these reviews are sponsored by dulux and therefore would be biased in favour of the product.

Sponsored Links
Waterbased paints are a different application method to solvent paints obviously.
You need to practice application to get a good finish. Trick is getting enough on that it levels nicely.
I can't answer if it's good paint as I've not used the eggshell from heritage. I was using Benjamin Moore and Tikkurila mostly.

You will need to buy some and work out how thick to apply and with what brush or roller works best for you.
Also consider getting a hvlp and spraying your skirtings.

I suspect that the Heritage range is just a rebranding of part of Dulux Trade aimed at the DIY market willing to pay a bit more and is effectively trying to grab some of the Farrow and Ball market. From what I have read it is better quality than the DIY Dulux.

Like you, I much prefer oil based finishes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back