EA codes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anybody ever heard of 'EA codes / EA PIN's' in relation to electricty (possibly ireland?)

Sponsored Links
I'd imagine c.k. is referring to "Emergency Authorisation" codes or P.I.N.'s

This is a system in Ireland where a "competent person" (i.e. electrician involved in working with the public, industrial/commercial, some fire services etc.)may call the ESB emergency number in Dublin and authorise that any apparatus on the network be isolated/energised.

It is assumed that this person knows what they are talking about and therefore such equipment is isolated without question.

These codes are for use in emergency circumstances only. Due to the fact that one person could have Dublin shut down with one phone call, means that system must be run very strictly. Approximately 180 people in Ireland are supplied with these codes, which are changed every year. I am issued with one but have never had cause to use it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back