EcoFlow

Sponsored Links
These things are also advertised for fitting to cars, and I think it is the EPA in the USA that tests every gadget that claims o save fuel and improve performance, combustion etc. They have NEVER found any product that lived up to its claims.

It's a bit like buying bottled water, a good way of spending money for no objective benefit.

If any manufacturer can give me the name of an independant test house which can support their claims, I will give it all the publicity I am able. Until then my money stays in my pocket.

Cheers oilman. I was kinda expecting that but just needed to know for sure.

Oops! I was looking at the fuel burning bit on the link. However, for the treatment of water, there is quite a lot of evidence that the magnets do change the structure of the calcium ions in the water to a type that do not cause hard precipitation.

In about 1985 there was a report in New Scientist about the then new-fangled water conditioners, and Vauxhall had installed big ones in their paint plant in Luton. They not only cut the rate of deposition of limescale, but they caused the deposits already there to go into solution.

I have no contradicting information about this, and I'm reasonably comfortable they do have a useful effect on water. But I don't believe it's any better to drink than any other water, it just doesn't scale pipes up so much.

Sorry if this has caused any confusion.

ooh, er.......I've just read the Ecoflow information on their site, they distribute their products by "network marketing", now I seem to remember that's a euphemism for some some selling method that I can't quite put a name to........wonder what it could be?

Sponsored Links
To oilman regards ecoflow:

I wonder if it means you can only get one if you are prepared to try and sell onto others.

Or even that you have to buy X quiantity with a view to selling them on.

Either way sound like a bit of a con ey.

as they say "other brands of magnets are available"

There is also the theory that after a while the magnets effect (not the magnet itself) no longer works, to this avail there are loads of similar products on the market which claim not to do this by changing their frequency.

They are available from watergardening centres as they are supposed to have a similar effect.

In my travels i have seen quite a few of them (different brands) and people do seem to like them

I have mention this before regarding scale magnet.See this. .They will give all your money back if you're not happy with it .They have been highly recommended by ' Which's and DIY's magazine,also won a few awards from "Daily Mail Home Exhibition".

I will be looking at this one when I get round to it :!:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back