Electric Fan Assisted Oven Power Rating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have any idea of typical power ratings of single built in fan assisted electric ovens?

The reason I ask is I have a IGNIS AKL887/IX coming with my kitchen and I’d rather just feed it from a 13A fused spur rather than a dedicated cooker supply. I’ve searched the net but can’t find the power rating. Obviously if it is less than 3kW I’ll be alright but just wondered if anyone knew. I could do with getting the electrics sorted before the kitchen turns up to save me a bit of time.

I’m guessing most single electric ovens are rated about the same?

Sponsored Links
Typically, a UK or other European single oven is about 2100Watts max, which is about 10Amps and OK in a UK plug. Sometimes, for the benefit of those unfortunates in other countries who do not have our wonderful fused plug system, they will recommend a 16Amp radial, and you can install an oven radial if you want to.

But you must always check the rating plate to make sure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back