Electric shower problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My electric shower recently stopped heating water, i took a guess that it was probably the tco so replaced this. The shower heats up now but won't turn off and seems to overheat while making a strange noise. I'm taking another guess that i might need to replace the solenoid valve but thought i would ask on here to see if anyone might have an idea of what is best to do.

The model of the shower is miral decor dual (10.8kw)

Sponsored Links
Could be the solenoid could be the on/off switch/button. Maybe we should both stop guessing and you get someone in and or replace the shower depending on age.

I was isolating it by switching it off at the fuse box for the whole house. When it's switched on at the fuse box the shower comes on by itself but then when i try to turn it off by the button it won't so I switch it off at the fuse box and the shower stops.

Sponsored Links
I was isolating it by switching it off at the fuse box for the whole house. When it's switched on at the fuse box the shower comes on by itself but then when i try to turn it off by the button it won't so I switch it off at the fuse box and the shower stops.

Suggests perhaps a faulty, or shorted run button.

more likely the latching switch. check first that you didn't disturb it putting front back on.
overheating will be due to blocked filter, blocked shower head or damaged restricted hose.

Try it with the cover off, I have seen these either failing to switch on or sometimes failing to switch off on a new install, sometimes just slackening the shower body securing screws to the wall a 1/4 turn or so cures the problem, on most, if not all showers, the on/off switch is just that, if you got a power failure with the shower in use (and didn't press the on/off switch or isolate with the pull cord) then it will just come back on when power is restored.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back