Electric Towel Radiatiors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm looking at buying a property that has Water Underfloor heating throughout - no radiatiors at all.
The problem is there are no towel radiatiors in any of the bathrooms. The bathrooms are in really good condition and partly tiled and I don't really want to start smashing up the tiles etc. Can I get an electrician to install electric towel rails that run on a schedule? Obviously I need to consider the source of the power. I will check but I think some of the bathrooms have shaver points so I assume that can be utalised and extened to another part of the bathroom?
Otherwise if there is a plug socket on the other side of the wall could that be used?
I'm NOT planning to do this myself and will be using a professional just need to work out if what I want to achieve is doable.
Any advice welcome.
Also can anyone recommend any nice looking electric towel rails?

Sponsored Links
Best you get a local competent spark to visit you. Eyes on site trumps random internet advice

In principle electric towel rails on timers are a thing.

I would move in first, you may not need it. Heating the home is a problem, as down a lot to life style, and personal preferences, under floor heating would not suit me, as I like it cool at night, so I look at recovery time, a large house with rooms used on an occasional basis, so most rooms have individual temperature control.

Yes you can get electric towel rails, personally never found the need, if a towel is damp/wet, likely needs washing.

Likely shaver points powered from lights so unlikely you can use a supply from them, but towel rails don't use that much, so would depend on size.

Personally I asked for viewing paperwork on under floor heating, as so much has been installed on ground floors without putting down insulation first, when looking for this house, so often we rejected homes because they had under floor heating and no paper work.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back