Electrical Ability Test

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I have been invited to take some abiltity tests with an electrical company but would like to know if anybody new of any websites or books i could use to practise before the real thing. I've seen the usual numerical and verbal ability test but am struggling to find any related to electrical. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Gary

Sponsored Links
Hi thanks for the reply.

all they said was that i have 2 hours to take 5 ability test relating to the position applied for which is an electrical apprentice! im guessing there will be a numerical one which i have found free tests of, but am worrying i might have to do a mechanical one or something, and having no experience in the trade ill probably fail miserably!

Apprentices are not exected to know much when they start. I suppose whatever is covered in GCSE physics?

Polarity, difference between series and parallel, what are volts, what are amps, what is resistance, how to wire a plug, and effects of doing it wrong, difference between SP and DP switching, why you isolate (unplug) appliances before working on them, what is electric shock, why do you die of it, what should you NOT do if your workmate is getting one, what is a fuse, what is it for...

how to hold a workpiece and screwdriver without risk of stabbing yourself in the hand, how to strip and cut wires (no teeth)

any other ideas?

Sponsored Links
Thanks John, thats made me feel a bit better! has anyone else got any ideas? or has anyone actually taken an ability test relating to electrical?

http://sectt.org.uk/assess.htm

This is a sample of the test they do in Scotland.

They are looking for you to be genuinely interested, not there because your mum thinks it is a good idea.

They will almost certainly ask why you want the job, don't waffle, have a 30sec answer ready.
Be confident, but not cocky
Dress - not a suit, but a shirt and a tie (ask if you want them to take the it off if they ask you to use any equipment- unlikely)

Hope it goes well
Stewart

You got 10 answers right.
You got 2 answers wrong.
:oops:

one was finger trouble
But fancy me thinking 1002 = 1,000 :mad: :rolleyes:

Find_X.jpg

Never heard of a 3-4-5 triangle?

It is a favorite for use in exams, as each side equals a whole number.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back