Electrical Ability Test

Woman.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the info guys! much appreciated! i hope im allowed to use a calculator!!? the letter i received doesn't actually say bring a calculator.

For the aptitude test when I took one for an appreniceship there were no calculators allowed, one lad decided to use one but the examiner saw it and he failed!!

Sponsored Links
hi again! for those interested, i had to take 5 ability tests;

Numerical - 36 questions - 10 minutes to complete! got about half way through! For someone who left school 10 years ago i found this quite hard, im not very good with maths in my head! Give me a calculator anyday as the questions weren't simple 10+33 =

Word associations - 36 questions - 10 minutes to complete. Got most of the way through this, was the easiest of 5 exams.

Mechanical - 36 questions - 12 minutes to complete. Again got about half way through.

Shape associations - 36 questions - 12 minutes to complete. Got about 3/4 of the way through.

Trouble shooting - 36 questions - 18 minutes to complete. Got about 3/4 of the way through this, found this to be actually not to bad considering it was meant to be the trickiest of the lot. Im hoping this one gives me a few points.

I felt a bit dejected after this exam, mainly because i didn't complete any papers. I like to make sure the answer i put down was the right one, rather than speeding through them and making a mistake, which you would need to do to complete all questions!

Anyway fingers crossed! i hope my marks were good enough to get to the interview stage...im not that confident though! so if anyone knows someone who knows someone who knows someone who want to take on an adult apprentice and train him up to be the best electrician then let me know!!! :LOL:

:( Not finishing in time is going to make it difficult for you to reach the passmark

you can get quicker at these with practice.

there are some books called things like "improve your IQ" but what they really do is get you better at doing the tests.

If you have another test, pop down to the library and get some books with sample tests to work through for practice. Sometimes you get sample questions in craft text books.

Im thinking the same thing John, withouht finishing the papers im going to get no were near the pass mark!

At least i know now what to expect and so can revise more thoroughly next time and get used to the answering the questions quickly! Im going to buy a Nintendo DS with the brain training game! that should sharpen up my brain a bit! :LOL:

I've just had a similar assement, the amounts of time allowed differed though

Words - either 10 or 12
Maths was 10 mins
Mechanical 18 mins
Problem solving 18 mins
Shapes 10 mins

Words was a doodle, though afterwards I realised in my haste for one if them I'd used a word that made sense, but there was a better one in the list :oops:

Maths was a tough one, really pushed for time, made it to about 23/24 before the bell

Mechanial - some of them took some thinking about, and I'm not sure how well I did, but I made it through to the end

Problem solving, second easiest, once you got a feel for the questions you could move through pretty quickly and got to the end, and pretty sure I got the majority correct

Shapes, A difficult one...made it to a few questions from the end, but really not sure what my score was, there were too many similar ones, a dyslexic moment or two and you see parts of it thr wrong way around and pick the wrong one!
:oops:

I'm not sure what value those tests have so I still prefer to just interview based on the applicants CV and sometimes telephone manner. I think you get a much better feel of a person’s ability by talking to them rather than trying to judge them based on the results of an aptitude test paper.

We do have a vacancy for a trainee so if anyone’s interested (including part qualified & re-trains) drop me your CV.

Your answer for question 1, 476, is CORRECT! The correct answer is 476

Your answer for question 2, 43, is CORRECT! The correct answer is 43

Your answer for question 3, 128, is CORRECT! The correct answer is 128

Your answer for question 4, 1542, is CORRECT! The correct answer is 1542

Your answer for question 5, 10,000, is CORRECT! The correct answer is 10,000

Your answer for question 6, 9, is CORRECT! The correct answer is 9

Your answer for question 7, 36.0, is CORRECT! The correct answer is 36.0

Your answer for question 8, 3/4, is CORRECT! The correct answer is 3/4

Your answer for question 9, 3, is CORRECT! The correct answer is 3

Your answer for question 10, 10, is CORRECT! The correct answer is 10

Your answer for question 11, 15, is CORRECT! The correct answer is 15

Your answer for question 12, Remove plug from socket, is CORRECT! The correct answer is Remove plug from socket

You got 12 answers right.
You got answers wrong.

If you did well why not fill in an application form on-line Application Form

If you did not then we would urge you to contact your careers office for further advice

Yeah :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back