Electrician Price's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What does a regular electrician in the north of england charge for the following....

Full Re-Wire....
3 Bedroom teariest house, 1 Bathroom, 1 KTC, 1 Lounge, 1 dining room, 1 cellar the std stuff. all stuff needed like CU and fuses etc...

--------------------------------------

Part Re-Wire.... (Accessories and odd wire that needs doing)
3 Bedroom teariest house, 1 Bathroom, 1 KTC, 1 Lounge, 1 dining room, 1 cellar the std stuff. all stuff needed like CU and fuses etc...

----------------------------------------

1 outside light - with or withont light supplied

1 Double socket & wired in

just to see what electrician's are charging and stuff....

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The only sensible reply is, it depends. It depends on access; whether or not the house is empty/furnished/lived in/fully decorated/bombsite etc. It depends on the specification of the work and the state of existing building fabric. It depends on the whether you get in one man and his monkey to do the work, cash-in-hand, no-questions-asked or go for the full qualified/registered/insured/approved company with full guarantees.

Ball park, though (and this is for the Midlands) Rewire - £1600 - £2500, depending on the above points. The other jobs really are impossible to say without seeing them, but expect to cough up between £20 and £40 per hour, again depending on what's needed and who does it... and allowing for the fact that it's not just the time in your property that needs to be covered. I'd only book in one job like that in a morning, so I have to make half a day's money or as close as I can get. For example, I might charge you £80-100 to add a socket, but only £100-120 to add two. In a full day I could bung in and test half a dozen sockets, a few lights, upgrade your earthing, etc and all for maybe £250-300 - the more you get done in one go, the better the per-item price.

The best way to get a price is to get some quotes from firms in your area. And remember, a cheap job isn't cheap if it has to be redone properly later!

Look on niceic website for your area, give a regulated company a call!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back