Electricity around water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having just found this forums and being a bit of a newbie, I would like to ask a few questions about installations around water.

1. How close to a sink in a kitchen can a socket (and presumably light switch be) is the measurement from the outlet of the tap/the edge of the sink bowl or what?

2. In a bathroom I want to install a temperature controller to an electric heated towel rail can this be in the bathroom as long as it is away from the sink/shower etc. Also I am still unsure after reading several posts if it can be wired to an earthed lighting circuit (it will be less than 200w) as long as it has it's own spured fuzed outlet.

3. Again in the bathroom I need to fit a shaver outlet. I have a transformer type one but I need to mount it between 900-1000mm above the floor as it needs to be accessed from a wheel chair. At this height it is somewhere around the level of the top of the basin which does not look sensible is there a distance from the basin that needs to be used.

Many thanks

David

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back