Electrics for pond pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys (and gals),

I currently have a pond pump that runs off a 13amp plug, plugged into the normal ring main in our utility room. I'm just refurbishing the room and want to take the chance to put in an outlet for the garden.

My question is: do I need a dedicated circuit for the outside electrics or can it be a spur/extension from ring main? I'm not going to install these as I want a proper sparks to do it (my skills don't extend this far!) but if I have to run a separate circuit I can do that in preparation for the sparks to do all the connections etc.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You need to get the electrician involved right from the beginning as he will be signing the cert. and so will tell you how much prep work you can do.

Sponsored Links
You need to get the electrician involved right from the beginning as he will be signing the cert. and so will tell you how much prep work you can do.

Thanks to ricicle and holmslaw - I will get in touch with sparks before doing anything - cheers guys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back