electrics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am about to fit a spur from an existing socket - (it would be nice to see under the guidance the site offers) a description of tools and equipment required to complete the job. What do you think? :idea:

Sponsored Links
I think that if people need to be told about screwdrivers, wirecutters, wirestrippers etc then they probably need more general DIY advice and experience before fiddling with wiring, and that it's probably best to get this from inter-generation on-the-job training, or where that isn't possible from one of the comprehensive DIY encyclopædias, like Collins, Readers Digest, Which?.....

Spare fuse wire, sheathing, torch and a MULTIMETER!

Tool belts are good too as it helps prevent those painful injuries when you put screwdrivers in your jean pockets. :mad:

Thank you for your kind replies - "brown-nought" & "ban-all-sheds".

the answer i was looking for was to use a "30 amp" and not a 20 amp connector. Apolgies for the vagueness of my original question.

Sponsored Links
If you're taking a spur from an existing socket, why do you need any sort of "connector"?

why ask a vague question in the first place if you already know the answer, it's not university challenge you know !

Leave Well Alone - you do not appear to know what you are doing, call a professional electrician in to install the new sockets.

Hey M-B - you've mellowed. There was a time when you'd have said "call a NICEIC electrician" ......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back