Engineered hardwood floor over liquid screed - Glue? Primer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I have 150sq.m of liquid screed floor (70mm thick, poured about 3 months ago, laitance removed) with liquid UFH (first switched on - low heat - yesterday!), and I'm planning to install an engineered hardwood floor over it. I've had a couple of conflicting opinions from fitters:

Fitter 1 has said we can just glue the wood directly to the floor, using Rewmar adhesive (this, I assume) which claims to be "suitable for sticking down any species of wooden flooring to almost any subfloor".

Fitter 2 has said that we need a latex screed and a sealer, THEN we glue the floor down.

Does anyone have any experience of the perils of a glued wood floor on a screed and if we are wasting time and money doing the extra work, or if it's essential? I'm wondering about a happy medium: I buy a few tubs of primer (such as this), roller it on, then once it's dry (only takes 45-60 minutes per coat apparently), glue the floor down.

Any thoughts, anyone, please?

Thanks,
~ Paul

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thanks, @dazlight . Yes, I know about the "under 65%" moisture level - I've been doing hygrometer tests (I have borrowed 3 meters); it's currently around 76% (in darkest recesses of the floor) after 24 hours. I'm wondering what would be the reason for a latex screed AND sealer - surely they'd both do the same job? The screed is nice and level (I checked may areas with a 2m long level and the undulations were non-existent).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back