Ensuite waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have recently installed a toilet and sink in the corner of my main bedroom.

There is no problem with the incoming water, I have fitted isolating valves by the taps and there is no leaks where I have joined the water in the loft.

My problem is the water going out of the toilet. I have taken the waste pipe under the floor from the toilet and added the sink into it. The pipe then goes out into the hopper outside, where it drains into the sewer. Usually it is ok, but I am worried that when it rained last night I could see it filling up outside the window and am now worried that it might leak over. Can I get some kind of cover to go over it, or should I try to buy a bigger hopper?

Thank you in advance for your help.

John

Sponsored Links
My problem is the water going out of the toilet. I have taken the waste pipe under the floor from the toilet and added the sink into it. The pipe then goes out into the hopper outside,

PLEASE tell me thats a typo :eek:

I feel that my presence is about to be summoned to this topic. ;)

Sponsored Links
Maybe I am getting confused with these technical terms, I thought it was a hopper. The pipe goes into a box that looks like a flower tub on the wall below the window, that carries the outgoing water straight into the sewer.

Thanks

John

Er, this one is too much for me to handle.

why does a rat leaving a sinking ship come to mind :LOL: :LOL:

OP are you telling us that a 4"" waste (110mm) runs into a hopper head

or do you want to resubmit the question ;)

john_nicholls said:
Maybe I am getting confused...
Maybe you are.

Has it occurred to you to wonder what will happen when there's a blockage underground, and the 'water' level reaches the hopper... :?:

poss manifold :idea:

p1063935_m.jpg
:idea:

Am I reading this correctly - your ****ter pipe feeds into a exposed container that feeds into the sewer? Shouldnt the pipe run directly into the sewer to avoid the obvious potential Charlie and the not so chocolate factory situation? :D :D :D :D :D :?:

elimn8or said:
Am I reading this correctly - your ****ter pipe feeds into a exposed container that feeds into the sewer? Shouldnt the pipe run directly into the sewer to avoid the obvious potential Charlie and the not so chocolate factory situation? :D :D :D :D :D :?:

thank you sherlock that is what we are trying to establish :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back