ERA hook lock not extending

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Looking for a little advice regarding a niggling problem I'm having with an ERA lock. The upper of the 2 hooks appears to not properly extend when the handle is lifted. From a little investigation it looks like the slider isn't properly catching the hook within the gearbox to extend it and it's preventing the main bolt and bottom hook from extending either.

I've tried removing the upper hook all together and the bolt and bottom hook then behave normally. So I suspect it is the upper one at fault.

I've tried piling the system incase there was some friction or something stopping it but it's not resolved the problem.

It doesn't happen every time, I'd say only about 3 attempts in 10 so with a bit of niggling I can get it to engage and lock the door. But it's bugging me all the same.

Any ideas what the problem might be?

Sponsored Links
Hook gearboxes tend not to fail as theres very little moving parts in there, are you sure the rod from the main gearbox upto the top hook gearbox is working as it should, wear in the main gearbox is loads more common and it could be the sign somethings failed/failing and not moving the rod intermitently?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back