Euro cylinder key Stuck

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone
I need help and advise
Euro cylinder barrel on my double patio doors won't turn to lock and the key is stuck in the barrel and will only turn 2/3 mm in both directions and goes solid likes it's against something
I've tried pliers on the key but in danger of snapping the key, lve removed the euro cylinder barrel securing bolt from the edge of the upvc door but won't slide out
Any advise or solutions would be appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_20240930_084923.jpg
    IMG_20240930_084923.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20240930_084934.jpg
    IMG_20240930_084934.jpg
    322 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20240930_084947.jpg
    IMG_20240930_084947.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20240930_084919.jpg
    IMG_20240930_084919.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 11
Sponsored Links
You will know this.
Key won't turn unless handle is lifted engaging locking.
Also some doors won't lock unless you hold handle up.
I've also known doors not lock unless they catch on the side is engaged when door is shut.

Maybe the mechanism that engages has broken so key won't turn whatever you do.

If you can't turn key 45 degrees you can't slide lock out either. Your going to have to start taking it apart I guess

Hi Wayners
Yes tried all that you suggested and nothing happens, the key is fully in the barrel but stuck in the wrong position to remove, there's only about 2/3 mm movement on key
The multipoint locking in the edge of the the door is by "avocet"
What's involved taking it apart
I heard of people snapping the barrel or drilling below the keyline to destroy the pins
Thanks
Paul

Yeah drill out lock. Maybe pins have failed jamming up.
Take lock measurements and buy another.

Sponsored Links
Hi Wayners
Yes tried all that you suggested and nothing happens, the key is fully in the barrel but stuck in the wrong position to remove, there's only about 2/3 mm movement on key
The multipoint locking in the edge of the the door is by "avocet
What's involved taking it apart
I heard of people snapping the barrel or drilling below the keyline to destroy the pins
Thanks
Paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back