Extension quote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have to quote for an extension do most of you charge so much per point? i.e. £30 a point.

I worked out a job like that in York for a full rewire and came in £500 above the guy who got the job.

but he didn't dress his cables nicely where they were bunched and tied wrapped in a cupboard, into the new CU and he attached his own cable sheeth earth clamp instead of arranging a new pme. house had no earthing arrangements when I quoted.

But is £30 a point optimistic?

Sponsored Links
Around that, I would say, yes.

More importantly, that cable sheath clamp needs addressing. I went to one the other day that was DIY, and they had only stripped back to the steel band, not the lead sheath, so the Ze was hopeless. I know it's a tricky situation, but could you get the customer to get this checked by the DNO?

Better safe than sorry.

As a domestic spark, I feel it's wrong. However, if the DNO engineers think it's OK, so be it.

But it needs checking just to make sure the Ze is low and reliable.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back