Exterior Door frame. Damp at bottom. Repair advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All. Thanks in advance for any help. I've gone to repaint the exterior door frame on the front door. The bottom has a bit of damp. It's not rotten I don't think, pretty firm to the touch, but has swelled a bit.
1000007527.jpg

Not sure where to begin. Starting to get more rain so not sure how easy it'll be to dry out. Any ideas please how to sort this out? Is there a product I can apply? I'm guessing painting over without doing anything won't be a good idea?

Also, I was hoping to repaint the frame with Zinssor Allcoat without a primer to save time. Now I'm not so sure this will be effective enough. Ideas on this would also be appreciated. I was going to use clear silicone along the bottom joint to prevent water getting to it, then apply paint (if that's possible).

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back