External boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been out the plumbing game for some time now.

Can you buy an external gas fired wall mounted boiler?

The reason i ask is the house we are in now has a wall mounted boiler in our bedroom, and we are both getting migraines, which i presume would be down to the boiler, could be wrong but i would like to get it moved.

The boiler is a Glowworm Ultimate it's either the 60ff or the 40ff model(about 10 years old) which i believe is room sealed, if an external gas boiler isn't possible, could i build a vaccum sealed cabinet around the boiler?

The thought of ripping half the house up to re-route back to the fireplace for a back boiler isn't appealing.

Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
vokera do an external boiler for their home (italian) market, not sure if they can be fitted here, why do you think the boiler is giving you a migrane is it simply the noise of it running?

Was that released on an internal memo or from an outside agency :LOL:

I thought it was amusing

Sponsored Links
It would have been more amusing if it was "released" rather than "realised"

:rolleyes:

Few boilers of that age can be completely boxed in without ventilation.
Back boiler might be a bit of a challenge as there currently is not one available legally. Poxi have announced one for the social housing market, but nobody knows when it will be available for the private market.
Who would want one of those poxy things anyway, unless it is for direct like for like replacement?

Why would you not want one of the new BBU then
It is a new product, complete with all the teething problems.
It's a poxi.
The old ones were ridiculously expensive, so logically, the upgraded model will be even more expensive.

So your beloved worcester have never released a new product and are cheap.
Even if its dearer the installation cost will be prob less as existing unless gravity can be useed less disruption for customer and total price much the same.

Thought you would go down the open flue route.

...The reason i ask is the house we are in now has a wall mounted boiler in our bedroom...
Seriously doubt that it will be a back boiler, nam, in which case the installation cost will be even higher than a normal boiler.

Iwas not speaking about the OP but your aversion to back boilers in general

The reason i ask is the house we are in now has a wall mounted boiler in our bedroom, and we are both getting migraines, which i presume would be down to the boiler, could be wrong but i would like to get it moved.

Do you have a CO detector fitted in your bedroom?

Do you have a CO detector fitted in your bedroom?
Council workers. :rolleyes:
How much CO do you think would come into the room from a room-sealed unit?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back