External Render Repair - Not sure what the render is?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I moved into a house around 4 years ago which had recently been renovated (not to the best standard as I've found out over the years). I've used this forum more times than I can count to help when doing various work and fixes but I've finally created an account to ask my first question! I have looked through a lot of other posts about external rendering but I don't seem to be able to find the answers I need so really hoping somebody can help!

We have some kind of render on the exterior of the house which was applied and then painted. Different neighbours have told me it's rough cast, others have told me it's 'slap-dash'. I've also done some googling and can't really find anything that I look at and say "That's the stuff".

I've attached some pictures but essentially, there seems to have been some cracks/holes where water has got in and caused quite a few patches to bubble and fall off. I've also included a couple of close up pictures of the front and back of a piece of the render that I pulled off in case it helps anybody to identify what it is.

If possible, could anybody please help with some guidance on a step by step that I need to do to repair this myself?

I've rang a number of local renderering companies but I'm having no joy. I think because it's only a small job and it's not K-rend...

Thank you to all of you who ever answer questions, you are unsung heroes!

IMG_7925.JPG

IMG_7927.jpg

IMG_7928.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back