Fitted bedroom wardrobe plinth poor join?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
We are currently having fitted bedroom furniture to replace the previous aged stuff.

They have fitted the main carcass and shelving ready for the finishing off and sliding doors to go on and coming back today but last night I notice the top plinth that runs the full width (approx 2.4m) has a poor join in it about 18” from one end!! To me this will do my head in as it’s neither central or lined up with where a door may be so will look so out of place and ruin the overall clean look!!

Am I being petty and is this the norm?
Why couldn’t they use one piece as every other full width piece currently fitted had no joins!

Cheers

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
IMG_6942.jpeg

IMG_6943.jpeg

Apologies, I’ve just spoken to them and told them of my concern.

My measurement’s which I guessed were incorrect
The width full is 2530mm and their longest plinth is 2500 so they had to cut it somewhere.
Personally I would have gone centralised but once fully fitted, doors and all we shall see if it’s still affecting my symmetry OCD

Hmm, annoying, I think I would have a cut at each end, lining up with the final door edge. It looks like a blob of paint hanging off the ceiling at the exact same spot, that's drawing your eye to it further.

Sponsored Links
Is that white filler in there or just a trick of the light? If it's filler then it could have been a closer colour!
TBH I couldn't spot the join in your first photo until I saw the second. But then once seen, you can't un-see it.

Do they have another piece of plinth , comes down to cost i suspect
is it painted ? , maybe they can get a really good finish on it
as it seems to have filler init ?

Not sure what ‘glue’ they used to seal the join.

It’s not finished yet, the internal needs finishing doors on etc, and then the frame all sealing in.

They have said if, once it’s all done I’m still not happy they will replace it with a join where I want it but they are definitely hesitant about 2 joins aligning with the frame or doors, so best guess at the moment would be 1 central join.

If they won't agree to one at each end (for some reason) then just go for one in the middle now and you can subtly tell them to make a better job of it. One at each end would have been my preference BTW and not necessarily right. But better they do it now than at the end when they're looking at their watch trying to get home for their tea.

As already said, by freddiemercurystwin Now
BUT
If they do say they will need to come back at "some time" for whatever reason , materials etc , to make that alteration, keep some of the money back...

Thanks all for the replies

Actually they do not take any payment until the job is complete and customer satisfied.

Should have used full 2500, then a trim of 40mm to either side would give symmetry and hide join at one end.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back