Fitting PRV on cold water bathroom pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

The set up I had for my hot water before was gravity pumped to 3 bar and cold water on mains. That was for all taps in the house. I also had pressure reduce valve (PRV) fitted for the cold water supply in the bathroom.

I had unvented cylinder installed few months ago. I have the cold water mains pressure at 5 bar but the hot water from cylinder at 3 bar. I am finding the pressure of cold water too high, thermostatic shower mixer taking a while to adjust to hot temperatures. My installer removed the PRV saying I can't have with this new system.
The photo below shows my current installation. can I have PRV where the arrow is, set to 3-3.5 bar? This is where I had it before, it is the cold water supply to bathroom WC, basin, shower and washing machine on ground floor.

TIA

Attachments

• PRV Location.jpg
    PRV Location.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 6
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back