Fix metal shed kit

eqa

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I ordered a Outsunny metal shed kit which was delivered with the base frame of a wrong size compared to the rest of the - see picture showing "missing" metal panel when all panels are fitted on the base frame. While I have a refund, they've let me have the materials so I am wondering how best to use it. Can I:

-Get someone (not sure I have the skill) to cut the base frame (pictured, made of bent sheet metal) to reduce the width of the wall and make the rest as is?

-Make a base frame of wood (I have some lying around) and screw the panels on there. Would the screws have to be longer to screw into wood rather than into the metal base frame? Another question is whether the panels must touch the ground (or the base underneath)-is it entirely screws that take the weight of the shed or does the ground too, through sheet contact?

-Make a wood frame for a new shed and use the panels as cladding for it. Such DIY would obviously fit my precise needs better than this off the shelf product. But this would require me to use the wall panels "horizontally" (ie with the longer length horizontal) rather than vertically (ie, with the longer length vertical) which the product seems to have been designed for. Any issues that may arise?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20241014_202656.jpg
    IMG_20241014_202656.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 29
Sponsored Links
Chop saw with correct blade would cut.
Tin snips would also cut metal.
Make a wooden mitre box and hacksaw would cut.
Angle grinder with metal blade over some wood would also cut.
Easy to cut that thin metal

Self tapping screws or get rivet gun to fix together.

As for who. Find local handyman if you need help. Loads on Facebook or...nextdoor... website

• Thanks
Reactions: eqa

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back