Fixing awning to insulated outer wall.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope someone can help me out here and give me ideas how to go about this .
I have a 3.5 x 2.5 m awning l would like to fix to our outside wall , but the house has in the past been wall insulated and rendered/ pebbledash.
The house wall is concrete stone underneath, so can anyone come up with ideas how l can fix the brackets to the outer wall with what fixings to use to go through the insulated wall and into the concrete wall.
The fixings you get with the awning are not long enough and l don’t wish to make to much mess to the walls if it can be helped..
The awning weight is 24kg.

Sponsored Links
Possibly long bolts but you have provided no fixing details.

Last edited:
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
The weight of the awning is 24kg so it’s overall weight is a lot less than most awnings.
There is 6 brackets to put along the length of the awning, so l thought about drilling through the insulation into the concrete wall and put

Threaded Bar M10 x 1m cut to length , filling the drilled holes with resin and using washers and nuts to tighten the brackets up .​

Probably try using some resin into the hole of the insulation that was drilled out.
What doe you think , will it work .

Sponsored Links

I wonder if the is something l could put in time drilled hole length of the insulated wall to the concrete wall that the stud thread can be drilled through and into the concrete wall to give it a compact fitting when l tighten the wall brackets up so the brackets don’t start going into the insulation when l tighten the brackets up .. Maybe a round doweled piece of wood or plastic or a steel collar..

Looking at drop-in anchors with tool , could this work with threaded bar in concrete wall for my awning .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back